10.05.2009

Coming This Week: Flying Pigs, Filling Shoes, and The Book I Love to Hate

Every week I review Diamond's “New Releases” to determine what I’ll definitely be buying sight unseen, what I’m interested in enough to do a quick scan of at the LCS to see if it can win me over, and note any other items that catch my eye. Here’s a look…

Buying:

Planetary #27 (DC/Wildstorm): I once saw a pig fly. It was in a typically hot place. But it had frozen over. At the wheezy, measly, uneasy pace of 27 brilliant issues in 10 years, I’m expecting this to either blow my skull off to justify the wait, or else it will default to being an utter disappointment that just took too long to realize.

Batman & Robin #5 (DC): Philip Tan is still trying really hard to fill those shoes.

Justice League: Cry for Justice #4 (DC): This book is awful. I love this book.

Astonishing X-Men #31 (Marvel): I hope that Warren Ellis and Phil Jimenez are more like Joss Whedon and John Cassaday than Warren Ellis and Simone Bianchi.

Dark Reign: Zodiac #3 (Marvel): Joe Casey. Nathan Fox. Was this book made just for me?

Strange Tales #2 (Marvel): Paul Pope.

Considering:

Nothing. Nada.

Noting:

Zero. Zilch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home