2.22.2010

Coming This Week: "Saturday Night I Was Downtown, Working For The FBI"

With each successive artist, my enthusiasm for this title has lessened, but I’ll probably pick up Batman & Robin #9 (DC) in order to complete this arc and then re-evaluate as to whether or not I’ll be continuing on. At this point, I think Frazer Irving might be the only artist who would make me stay, and I forget what happened to him in the line-up. Brian Wood Month continues as Northlanders #25 (DC/Vertigo) hits the quarter century mark and the stands this week. I’m still picking up little pieces of bloody brain and bone after last month’s issue blew my skull off, but hopefully I’ll get it together in time for Scalped #35 (DC/Vertigo), which also comes out. Any week with both Brian Wood and Jason Aaron’s crime opus is a pretty fine week in comics. If that wasn’t cool enough, let’s add Captain Swing & The Electrical Pirates of Cindery Island #1 (Avatar Press) to the mix, written by Warren Ellis, with Raulo Caceres on art. Caceres was the artist of Crecy, which I enjoyed, and will be working here in his “woodcut style,” which I don’t think I’ve seen, but am certainly intrigued by. I see an entry for Dodgem Logic Magazine #1, so I’ll be curious to see if Sea Donkey gets that in; last time it was offered, he declined to carry this latest Alan Moore project, so I've not seen it, expect for odds and ends online. I’m also surprised to see Stumptown #1 (Oni Press) offered again the way it is. It makes sense that a second printing is underway (I know it’s totally sold out in these parts), but it’s now listed as a four issue series. I was certain that when it was first advertised, this was billed as one of Oni’s few ongoing titles, so perhaps the delays have necessitated otherwise.

4 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Matt Clark said...

Wha....? Stumptown is now a mini? I'm not particularly happy about that. I wonder what prompted that decision?

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Justin Giampaoli said...

Hey Matt. Yeah, on the Diamond Comics site it's listed as #1 (of 4), WTF? I'm not imagining this, right? It debuted as an ongoing, no?

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Matt Clark said...

Yeah, it was supposed to be an ongoing. I hope this isn't a repeat of what happened to Rucka's Felon series at Image several years back.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Justin Giampaoli said...

WOW.

Nice one, Matt. I'd totally forgotten about that book, but I know I bought it, enjoyed it, and then waited 10 years for another issue that never came!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home