8.09.2010

Coming This Week: There Are No Surprises

It’s a painfully predictable week in terms of what I’ll be purchasing. It’s the penultimate issue, with Daytripper #9 (DC/Vertigo) hitting the shelves. This title will surely go down as one of the best of the year and I’d expect it to garner a few Eisner nods when the time is right. Matt Fraction delivers Marvel’s consistently best title and I hope he’s digging in for a marathon. I’ll be buying this as long as he’s doing it, continuing this week with Invincible Iron Man #29 (Marvel). There’s a Brian Wood double tap on the horizon, with Northlanders #31 (DC/Vertigo) and DMZ #56 (DC/Vertigo). I gotta’ say that I’m most looking forward to DMZ, starring one of my offbeat faves (Wilson) done by one of my offbeat faves (Nathan Fox), who I chatted with at SDCC this year. We talked about playing again in the DMZ sandbox, Dark Reign: Zodiac with Joe Casey, and I bought his new book Fluorescent Black from Heavy Liquid. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Pay attention to Nathan Fox. He’s the next Paul Pope.

2 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Ryan Claytor said...

Hurry up & read daytripper, NOW! :) Some really moving sequences and a different narrative direction. You're in for a treat!

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.Elephanteater.com

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Justin Giampaoli said...

Ha! I read it last night and thought of you as I was making some notes. Should have the review up later this morning.

J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home