3.25.2012

3.28.12 Releases

As far as singles go this week, there’s only two things really on my radar. Scalped #57 (DC/Vertigo) continues the emotional climax of the series that saw a fairly significant flash forward in last issue. I’m excited to see how this all wraps up with just 3 issues left. I’m also fairly certain I’m going to get sucked into Marvel Event Madness with Avengers VS. X-Men #0 (Marvel), which kicks off the 12 issue series. The previews I’ve seen look fun enough and I like some of the artists, so I’ll probably give it at least a couple issues. Most of the interest this week is on collected editions. DMZ Volume 11: Free States Rising (DC) marks the penultimate collected edition. And of course, I can’t let that go without a reminder that DMZ Volume 12: The Five Nations of New York (DC) hits the street June 6th, and I wrote the introduction(!) so be sure to check out the finale of the 6-year 72-issue saga! Marvel has a great one out this week as well, with Warren Ellis’ run collected in Secret Avengers Volume 3: Run The Mission, Don’t Get Seen, Save The World (Marvel). Sure, the title is a mouthful, but it’s an accurate portrayal of the energy Ellis went for, and largely captured, with some of the greatest artists working today. Lastly, Drawn & Quarterly continues their ongoing commitment to Yoshihiro Tatsumi’s work (largely considered the father of Modern Manga), with the editorial aid of Adrian Tomine, by reprinting softcover editions of Abandon The Old in Tokyo (D&Q), Good-Bye (D&Q), as well as The Push Man & Other Stories (D&Q).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home