7.02.2012

7.04.12 Releases

Well, it’s a light week, which suits me just fine since my normal routine will probably be interrupted by holiday plans and some family in town visiting. Nevertheless, I’ll wholeheartedly recommend Danger Club #3 (Image) which is a fantastic new title concerning the collapse of the superhero paradigm. I’m also excited to check out Mind MGMT #2 (Dark Horse) from the inimitable Matt Kindt, as a sort of post-9/11 psychological thriller in his beautifully rendered color washes. I’m still not financially supporting anything Before Watchmen related, but *if* I was going to buy a title, this is probably the one that I’d come closest to because of the creative team, Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #1 (DC) also hits stores this week. I’ll give it a flip. What looks good to you?

3 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Tom P said...

Other than what you've flagged up I will be getting A vs. X, Creator Owened Heroes, Fury Max, Ultimate Spider-Man and Rocketeer Adventures! But the highlight will be Batman: Earth one. Gotta have me some Gary Frank! A great week!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Justin Giampaoli said...

How is Creator Owned Heroes? I've heard mixed feedback.

Great to see Gary Frank working, I miss him from the old Supreme Power days with JMS.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Tom P said...

Yeah it's good. Phil Noto was what sold me, just love his style. It struck me as very laddish with the cosplay stuff but the interviews were good. Paul Pope interview in #2 so that will be worth a read. Gary Frank is awesome. His Shazam work is the only reason I'm still getting JL. Supreme Power was superb. I must re-read it if I get the time one day soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home