10.14.2012

10.17.12 Shipping Report

Talk about feast or famine! Last week I made purchases in the double digits on singles and this week we’re basically down to just one for sure, though I’ll admit it’s getting hard(er) to track because of the comps I’m receiving. I’m most looking forward to James Stokoe continuing to tear things up on Godzilla: Half Century War #3 (IDW). I’ll also note that Batwoman #13 (DC) is out, but who knows who’s doing the writing and art and what the long term creative plan is on this book. I haven’t been keeping up with this next book, but I probably should, and the forced perspective of the sleek cover this month absolutely caught my eye in the new ongoing series Courtney Crumrin #6 (Oni Press) from Ted Naifeh. Other than that, the only thing that caught my eye in the solicits was that IDW appears to be having some sort of fire sale, with a bunch of trades marked “SALE ED” down in the $5 to $10 range. If my LCS orders these, I’ll be tempted by things like the American Freakshow GN (IDW) for $4.99, the Groom Lake TP (IDW) for $4.99, and especially the Fishtown HC (IDW) for $9.99. It looks like there's about a dozen or so titles to choose from that have been discounted and it makes me long for the old IDW parking lot sale where singles were all $1 and some swank signed hardcovers were only $5. Anyway. That’s it! What looks good to you?

2 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Ryan Claytor said...

Oooo, neat! I'm always excited about a new Courtney issue/series. Glad you mentioned this, and thanks for the reminder.

Word,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Justin Giampaoli said...

There's also some Brendan McCarthy thing out from IDW that I missed, Zaucer of Zilk, if that does anything for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home